Spice AI, Inc.
Last updated: September 13, 2023
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit, and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes your email, phone number, address, and any other information you submit to us through the Site. We collect information related to you for the purpose of carrying out the Services. This information includes but is not limited to: name, address, email address, telephone number, bank account number, credit or debit card number, or other financial information.
We collect “Commercial Information” and “Internet or other electronic network activity information” such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, or tendencies, browsing history, search history, or information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- 1.Information collected via Technology. In an effort to improve the quality of the Services, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Services, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Services, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our Services, both on an individual and aggregate basis. Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks. \
”Customer Data” means all information processed or stored on the Service by Customer or on Customer’s behalf, as well as any information derived from such information. Customer Data includes, without limitation: (1) information provided on the Service; (2) information provided to Company by other users or by other third parties; and (3) personally identifiable information from such customers, users, or other third parties. (a) Access, Use, & Legal Compulsion. Unless it receives Customer’s prior written consent, Company:
- shall not access, process, or otherwise use Customer Data other than as necessary to facilitate the Services;
- shall not give any of its employees access to Customer Data except to the extent that such individual needs access to facilitate performance under this Agreement and is subject to a reasonable written nondisclosure agreement with Company protecting such data, with terms reasonably consistent with those of this Section; and
- shall not give any third-party access to Customer Data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company may disclose Customer Data as required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. Company shall give Customer prompt notice of any such legal or governmental demand and reasonably cooperate with Customer in any effort to seek a protective order or otherwise to contest such required disclosure, at Customer’s expense.
(b) Customer’s Rights. Unless otherwise stated in this Agreement, Customer possesses and retains all right, title, and interest in and to Customer Data, and Company’s use and possession thereof is solely on Customer’s behalf.
If you are a California resident, you may have additional privacy rights. For a complete discussion of such rights, please see our California Rights and Disclosures.
Spice AI, Inc., including its affiliates (“Spice AI, Inc.”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to maintaining robust privacy protections for you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”, “customer”, “user”, or “your”).
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have collected the following types of information: We collect identifiers such as name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers, customer records information such as name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit or debit card number, other financial information, medical information, health insurance information, commercial information such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, education information, inferences to a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following types of information to third parties: N/A.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have used the following types of information for business purposes (potentially including auditing interactions with consumers, security measures, debugging/repair, performing services, internal research for technology development, and quality and safety maintenance and verification): name, address, email address, height, weight, facial recognition, other biometric data, race, gender, education information, and medial or health insurance information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share our customer's personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, to view, correct, or remove information provided by you or publicly posted by you, by accessing your account or another product or service as applicable and editing/removing your personal information. You will need your password to access your personal account. You may also send us an email or written request asking us to remove certain posted content using the addresses in the Contact Information section of this document.
We will be happy to review, update, or remove information and/or content as appropriate. Residual copies of information and/or content that have been removed from your account and/or our platform may remain in our backup systems for approximately one month. We may still retain your information to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreements, or comply with legal requirements; in this case, your personal information will be blocked from use for any other purpose.
- Right to access personal information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your personal information we have collected in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to data portability. You may be entitled to receive a copy of your electronic personal information in a readily usable format.
- Right to know. You may be entitled to receive information regarding the purposes for which we collected and shared personal information, the categories of personal information that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, as well as the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to delete. You may be entitled to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or as required to comply with applicable law.
- Right to opt-out. You may be entitled to direct us to stop disclosing your personal information to share with third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” opt-out page in the event that we ever endeavor to share or sell information in the future.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details below. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to your “California Privacy Rights” and provide your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and an e-mail address or phone number where you may be contacted.
Before we can respond to your request, California law requires us to verify your identity using your personal information. If we (or third parties we engage to assist us) are not able to verify your request, we will contact you for more information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf as an authorized agent. To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your authorized agent to act on your behalf and, where appropriate, accept information about you. Either way, you and/or your authorized agent must provide sufficient information to us that would allow us to verify your identity.
Spice AI, Inc. 113 Cherry St PMB 26297 Seattle, Washington 98104-2205
[End of California Rights and Disclosures.]